Pull up a chair, this is a long one. Comfy? Here goes…
The first, and possibly biggest, thank you goes to flying_monkees who has been on this with me every step of the way, listening to all my whining and agonizing and doubts and telling me to just bloody well get on with it. She’s been there since this was just a daft little idea I had about Dean experiencing a half-domestic life with Cas, back when S5 had just started but I couldn’t make up my mind how to do it and I had Sam with Jess and I just confused myself with thoughts of Djinn and other such monsters. The idea fell to the wayside.
Thankfully though, the Dean Cas Big Bang started up and I thought I could finally do this fic. I decided to go with angels rather than Djinn, I decided Sarah was a much better match for Sam in this fic (what with the whole Jess-is-dead dilemma and I really, really loved Sarah).
She’s been holding my hand for a long time, I honestly don’t know how she puts up with me but I love her for it. Secondly, she read over this fic and countless pieces of it in order to quell my worries and kick me up the butt for worrying in the first place (and beta-ed the bugger too).
So yes, thank you, for being my sounding board, my rock, and mama bear. Seriously, I don’t know what I’d do without you.
Wibble a lot, probably. Not get anything written. Sounds about right, no?
The second goes to the_ninth_bow who did a wonderful, wonderful job with betaing this monster. She sorted out all my Britishisms (and laughed when I used words like ‘kerfuffle’) while saying she wanted a version with the Scottish words in too (someday, perhaps ;)). She has been fantastic both in smoothing off the edges of this story and convincing me that I really do think about things to the point of confusing myself. She also encouraged me to do a little bit better and expand on things. Really, you’re awesomesauce, I love you!
Third to my artist (888mph )who not only made me lovely art but encouraged me to keep bloody well writing when I started thinking the whole damn thing was daunting. She’s been awesome, I am glad to have met her and if it hadn’t been for the Big Bang, I probably wouldn’t have. And yes, I realize I am insane, thank you ;) <33
The fourth humungous thank you goes to i_rise_inside , the Dean to my Cas, the most awesome person in the universe who put up with my panicking when I didn’t think I was going to get picked and then on top of all that made me really awesome artwork. I love you hun!
A big, big, thank you to laiksmarei who let me camp in her house for a week and a half, put up with me writing all day, helped with choosing what kind of car Sam drove, sorted out my summary, encouraged me to keep on going and kept asking how long it was going to be. Long, Deepee. It’s long. (I believe I said I thought it might get to 30,000 words when I finished? Yeah, way off. Almost double that, in fact.)
Also, a HUGE thank you to my Flist, who put up with all my posts about the Big Bang, who cheered me on every step of the way and encouraged me and generally made me feel good about what I was writing. I don’t know what I would have done without you lot either. You are amazing and I am glad to call each and every one of you my friends.
And lastly to you, the reader, for reading my story; I hope you enjoyed it! And to the Mods of the DeanCasBigBang, who brought this awesomeness into the world, it’s been a fun ride, I look forward to the next one!
1. First, I don’t think this story would have been fleshed out quite this way if I hadn’t been reading Neil Gaiman’s ‘American Gods’ at the time. Though my fic has nothing to do with it, the book served as a source of inspiration and if you haven’t read it, I completely recommend that you do.
2. Picking what kind of car Sam had was bloody difficult! First off I thought a Dodge Nitro would be suitably large (whut?! It’s a big car in this country!) but when I said that to Dee, I got a ‘No…’ and this started us on hunting for an appropriate truck for Dean to turn his nose up at. It was with the help of Flying_monkees I picked a GMC Yukon. It looks pretty neat and Sam would love it, seeing as it’s a hybrid ;)
3. Why Sarah you ask? Well…I loved Sarah from S1 and when it became clear Jess just wasn’t going to work, I wanted someone we had met before and someone who just fits Sam. I think she does. I had such fun writing her.
4. The s6 spoilers almost derailed me on this story, to be honest. I started thinking nothing would work, but then I have very sensible people at my aide who smack me upside the head when I say foolish things and tell me that spoilers don’t even matter for the dang story. In the end, the time jump worked well with it I think.
5. Why bring Gabriel back? Why the heck not? Also, I really loved the idea of someone in the background thinking of Cas and Dean and their happiness. I’m a sap that way. And Gabriel was definitely the coolest archangel.
6. Who are the figures behind the curtain? Well…I am pretty sure you guessed that already, but if not, speculate at will ;)
Current Location: sun lounge